St Mary the Virgin Maulden
Welcome to St Mary’s church - a place of Christian faith and worship, a caring community and a beautiful spiritual building.
There has been a church on this site for hundreds of years but the church we see today was largely built in the nineteenth century.
church stands on a hill overlooking the village and is on the Greensand Ridge
It is open every day for visitors, regular worship and private prayer.
Essential to the life of our church is the sense of welcome and belonging that everyone can enjoy as they become part of our community.
We are a Community
· a family of all ages for whom God is important and has a central place in our lives
· ordinary people who try to follow Jesus Christ
· people who care about the values of our society and the life of our community as well as the world around us
· part of the Church of England and in the Diocese of St Albans
We value our building
but the church is more than that -
· it is a place where people meet every day to pray together where they can experience times of quiet and reflection. link to prayer chain
· it is a meeting place too for activities for all ages---the adjacent hall is also available for use by the wider community. link to church hall
The church is open from 9am until dusk and at service times.
See the weekly pew sheet or parish magazine for further details. link to magazine
8 am Holy Communion - said, Book of Common Prayer.
9.30 am Family Service
Other Sundays9.30 am Sung Communion with the choir - there is a children’s area with toys and books.
6 pm There are a number of evening services throughout the year.
These are Evensong, Songs of Praise or Taize style.
10 am Holy Communion followed by coffee club.
of the church
Church life extends beyond worship on a Sunday; it reaches out through a variety of weekday activities we offer
- Morning Prayer daily at 9 am
· Exploration of the Christian faith for all ages including ALPHA, Just 10 and other courses
· Bible study groups
· Choir and Jubilate Junior Choir
· Bell ringing
· Men’s breakfast
· Social events
· Welcome parties
· “Open the book” in the local school
· Holiday clubs
· Missions group supporting charities overseas and in this country
· Sewing group
· Food and fellowship
· Pastoral teas
· Baptisms, Weddings and Funerals
· To discover and know God
· To share our faith
· To make new friends
· To reach out and support our community and elsewhere
We want everyone to feel part of the life of our church but above all we want you to feel welcome.
If you would like to know any more please contact -
Lynda Klimas Rector
firstname.lastname@example.org 01525 403139
Mrs Marjorie Horrell Churchwarden
email@example.com 01525 840102
Mr David Golding Churchwarden
firstname.lastname@example.org 01525 840485