Unfortunately, as with all places of worship in the country, St Mary's Maulden is closed until the Covid-19 restrictions are lifted by the Government.
In the mean-time there are many ways to continue your worship, some examples are:-
- The publication by the Dicese of St Albans "Praying Together but Separately" is availabale to download, click here.
- St Mary's weekly Pew Sheet and Readings, to download copies:-
- The Church of England's telephone service titled "Daily Hope" which offers ,music, prayers and reflections - call free on 0800 804 8044.
- Sunday Worship on BBC
- 8.10am Radio 4 A service entitled " What sort of Victory?" to commemorate 75th Anniversary of V.E .day led by Dr Rowan Williams
- 10.45 am BBC 1, A service from Hereford Cathedral led by The Bishop of Dover The Right Revd Rose Husdon-Wilkin
- 1.15pm BBC 1 "Songs of Praise"
Here is a message from the Archdeacon of Bedford
5th May 2020
Thank you for all that you are doing to ensure your congregation, and members of the local community, are cared for and looked after. May I thank everyone who has stepped up to the challenge of what it means to ‘be church’ in this ‘new world’ in which we find ourselves; livestreaming services, using social media, grasping ‘zoom’ meetings, and so much more. As I’ve sampled various online services and resources from different churches across the Archdeaconry I’ve been amazed and thankful for the creativity and willingness of people to use these technical resources to demonstrate something of the light of Christ to their community.
Please do take care and stay safe. God bless
Dave Middlebrook – Archdeacon of Bedford